About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Friday, October 14, 2011

Nora Jane DePriest has entered the building.....

     We have waited for her arrival and she did not disappoint us - and Elizabeth and Billy have much to be thankful for, as do all of us that love her at first sight, she is a keeper.

     I could have told you, and actually did tell Steve, that if you give Elizabeth any challenge in life, she will rise to the occasion.  Well, I guess that is pretty much what you could say happened as Elizabeth went to her Doctor appointment at 39 weeks and was told that the baby just wasn't ready yet.  These words are not what you want to hear when you have waited for long enough for your little one, and I believe Elizabeth took it upon herself to prove that Doctor wrong.  Approximately 24 hours later, on October 14, 2011 Nora Jane DePriest - 7 lbs. 6 oz. and 19 inches long, entered this world.  Nora Jane is the first grandchild of Chuck and Patti DePriest (Billy's parents) for Debi Kingston (Liz's mom) and my brother Mark, who would have loved the experience of being her grandfather.  The stories of our lives, with my brother in them, have become so much more important to me since his passing and Nora Jane is one of those reasons why.  She will need to be told the stories of "fitty pish" being "born ready" and knowing exactly what "hands over head" are going to mean in her life, but there are so many that are up for that challenge.  Nora is the first great grandchild for my parents, Don and Carol Ann Chambers, and from all indications she is healthy and ready to begin her life, and we are all thrilled to have her as the newest addition to our family.


No comments:

Post a Comment