About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A SURPRISE is a coming......

     Steve will be 60 in a few days - I keep saying that over and over because it really doesn't seem true.  If you know my husband at all, you know that a surprise isn't something that is in his vocabulary, and certainly nothing that would also include numerous friends and family telling stories about him.
     So - that is exactly why I planned a huge surprise camping trip for the weekend to Lake Cachuma group area, with just 50 or 60 of his friends coming.  I am having Macee and family fly in from Colorado, the other kids will come and still to this day, I don't think he has ANY idea.
     He really has no idea what so ever, yet right under his nose I have been shopping and packing and ordering and planning, texting and figuring and oh, we must not forget - spending money.  I have been sneaking away to get liquor, which by the way you can order online from BevMo and they will have it boxed and ready to put in your car - just so you can minimize the time you have stolen away from your "normal" life :)  I have ordered camping gear and sleeping bags and pop up tents and I have them stashed in the back of the Blue truck in the yard, right under his nose.  I have food for days, and liquor for weeks and party supplies that could start a small party shop - I have had a BLAST!  I have gotten RSVP by phone and text and in person (in code) right while he sits beside me.  There have been times that I was so excited that someone was coming that I started to say something and then had to completely make up another story because I almost told the secret.  It has been fun.
     So in a few days we will have been planning to go away on a camping weekend with our friends the Nooneys and then in the mean time I will sneak away to pick up the kids are the airport in Santa Barbara.  I want it to be fun - I want it to be relaxed and I don't want him to be angry.....  We will see :)

No comments:

Post a Comment