About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Saturday, April 30, 2011

The Dirty Thirty

  When you work at a school it is this time of year that you begin to taste summer!  But before you can grab ahold of that summer vacation you have to survive the final 30 days of school, or what I call "The Dirty Thirty" - it can be a great deal of fun but a day at work can also induce one of the best nights sleep from sheer exhaustion that one might ever have.  I enjoy seeing the kids get excited to 1) graduate and/or 2) move from freshman to sophomores, sophomores to juniors, and boy the juniors get crazy just thinking about being seniors next year!  It's a great time.

This year has a bit more excitement because besides being crazy busy at work I have been planning my brother Marks, memorial service.  I have a handle on the ceremony and reception after, things are all falling into place, it's the craziness I brought upon myself with painting and carpet and decorating, that is making me crazy.  I have faith that it will be finished, I will be able to collect my thoughts, prepare for guests and enjoy myself.  I won't ask much more of myself, I have done my best - I think its what Mark would want and as much as I wish I wasn't having to do it - I look forward to the final rest.  It's a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment