About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Friday, May 6, 2011

A little Pomp and Circumstance is a GREAT thing.....

     It's graduation time!  One year ago today we all sat proudly, Mark Brother included, to watch the 111th Commencement of Southern Utah University as Phillip graduated.  This weekend I returned to Cedar City to do it all over again as Challis Pascucci made the walk and received her degree in communications.  Phillip met Chall about three years ago and she has become a nice addition to our extended family and I was happy to be able to come and support her.  I didn't think that leaving Cedar City for a "final" time would bother me so badly,  I know I'll be back to visit but it will mean making plans for it being the destination, instead of visiting college students.  I got all teared up, I was reminded that the Mark was here just a year ago when we visited and how life continues to change.  I was reminded about how looking forward while also looking back is a constant in life.

     Phill came back to California with me with Malia (grand dog) in tow as he hopes to get a summer job in Huntington Beach.  He will attend the Memorial for Mark and Dalton's graduation the first part of June.  We all look forward to the arrival of Nate, Lizzy and Vicky and we have lots going on. It's been awhile since all the cousins have been together and when Christine arrives the "brat pack" will be complete.  It seems strange to have them continue to age, Nate being in the 30's and Mackenzee being 15 but I must say that I love the everything in between ages that they all bring to the table and it's  great to have the kids around lending a different aspect to life and all it's twists and turns.  Lots of focus being on family and activities, baseball games, travel, meals, moving of kids here and there, trying to finish up work is a bit of a struggle for me, but I love the activity and I have laughed and cried more lately than I have in awhile - I love my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment