About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Carlsbad 5000 & Christine

No April Fools - just 10,000 of them :)

I ventured south this weekend to Carlsbad for a weekend visit with Christine and to run in a 5K run deemed one of the fastest runs in California.  I loved the way they ran the events, it was easy to watch near the end, they had amazing runners, and lots of them - I am always happy to run early in the morning, it's the time that I practice so it seems more like a routine than something special and I seem to be getting better about getting nervous.  I still pray that I have fun, don't fall down and am not last, as I do each race - you may laugh, but people fall all the time and I sometimes envision the domino effect - THAT would be awful.
I had a personal best of 28.22 which is 10 minutes better than the last 5K I ran at Disneyland a couple years ago.  I am happy with my time, I am still competitive and wish I could run with the Kenyans in 18 minutes, but then I wish I were rich instead of beautiful too :)

Christine and I had a great time, stayed in a hotel right on the beach and listened to the waves, talked until all hours and as usual I found myself falling in love with my daughter all over again.  It's been almost 29 years now that she's been around and I can not believe the love I have for her, we had a great time.

We walked the little town of Carlsbad and shopped, ate and had some wine - laughed and laughed and it really couldn't have been much better.  It's the small things that mean so much - thanks for a great weekend Christine Ashley -  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment