About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A trip, an apartment and a new baby on the way.....

     Baltimore in August - an exciting thought and I made it happen just before having to return to school near the end of August.  Elizabeth and her Maryland family were having a baby shower, I wanted to attend so I made it happen.  I wanted to check to see how Liz was doing - I can only express my elation upon seeing that she is "large and in charge" :)  Not too large, but the appropriate "large" for a baby that will be here in about 8 weeks.  Such an exciting time.  It was our first official visit in recent times that neither of us had to attend to memorial things, and we were both excited about that.  It turned out to be everything I had looked forward to and more.  A baby shower, some time out to dinner, time to visit at the house, a nice morning run, some humid weather, a trip to see Vic and her new apartment and the surrounding area where she has settled, some tears and some laughter - a good time was had by all.

     Victoria is well.  She looks great, sounds even better and that smile that lights up a room was seen more often during this visit than it had been seen in recent months.  She is living the good life.  Single, employed, busy, and in a downtown Baltimore apartment complex that made her Aunt jealous!  Restaurant and bar downstairs, over looking the Baltimore yacht club, within walking distance of chic and upcoming restaurants and bistros - life is good for Ms. Vic.  We ate dinner at "Nacho Mammas".  Vic was scheduled to work and Liz is pregnant but Billy and I enjoyed a couple of signature margaritas and we all enjoyed dinner.  There was laughter - noticeable laughter, and that was a great thing.  The chips came to the table in a hub cap - my brother would have liked that.

     Liz and Billy were great hosts and I enjoyed my time with them.  It is good to see that they are both so excited about the arrival of this new baby.  I think that Billy got much more excited once the shower was over and he could investigate the new baby things.  We decorated, hung clothes, smelled the little baby stuff and had a really nice visit.  This new baby will be good for them, they are ready.

     This new baby will be good for all of us.....

No comments:

Post a Comment