About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Friday, December 10, 2010

It's Pouring, I'm getting older, but I shot an 85....

     A phone conversation that cracked me up!  He's a crazy man and geez does he know how to have fun.  His trip a bit south of Portland to play golf with friends he says is really turning into a great day - despite the Oregon rain, which for some reason seemed to really bother him.  He shot an 85 and had a great time but said he can feel himself getting older, but is still wise - or course I said, along with my usual "well, tell me how it is because you will always be OLDER than me".  I mentioned that it was probably the weather, after all with all your time off recently you have become a "fair weather" golfer and he laughed and agreed.

     I am tickled about what I found this year for Mark's Christmas/Birthday gift.  While in a vintage store I found an electric train complete with the track, cars, switching box etc. It soooo reminds me of one that he had when he was young, he is gonna be so surprised.  I shipped it off and he should have it when he gets home from this little trip he is on, and before the kids arrive for the holidays.  It will go GREAT under the aluminum tree with the color carousel I got him a few years ago.  Merry Christmas Marky Boy!

     Not much else going on with us, getting ready for the holidays and Timber is coming to visit.  We will take her to Disneyland for the very first time, take our new motor home out for the trip and have Mackenzee come along to help with activities for Timber.  I am so looking forward to it.  Steven rarely takes time off unless I actually plan out things to do so I think he is looking forward to it as well.  We are a bit hesitant about taking the motor home to LAX to pick up the granddaughter, but I am sure it will work out.  Lots to do in the mean time - I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment