About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Friday, December 31, 2010

It's New Years Eve in Portland, Oregon.

     I wish I could say Happy New Year, but my heart just isn't in it.  I spoke to Steve and the girls earlier today - I am happy that they are enjoying their camp trip and New Year as much as they can, I am sad to have missed the time together.

     It has become very obvious to everyone now that Mark will loose his battle with colon cancer very, very soon.  Since arriving here I have seen the decline go from a fairly good week, to days, to now hours and I am sure we will be looking forward to minutes of decline in the progression of his disease.  He is a trooper, he has such a positive attitude it is amazing how he continues to teach me, even during this amazing time.  His love for all of us is evident in everything he does, his touch, the looks - the small times of conversation.  He is truly an amazing, amazing person - but then I hear that god only takes the BEST.

     It will be Marks 58th birthday in two days, he has lived a good life - it just hasn't been long enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment