About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Friday, March 26, 2010

Iron Chef at LHS

After weeks of anticipation the Iron Chef contest took place at the high school on Monday March 22, 2010 and Chief Wampum took third place! We had a great time and I was dog tired but excited to have placed out of the eight teams that showed up.
Our team of Gloria Bermudez - Tom Blanco - Don Cross and myself, put together our entree of a turkey/beef/apple burger stuffed with feta cheese and topped with a slice of apple and sauteed onion and apples on a roll with spicy mayonnaise sauce with time to spare in 41 minute contest. We added to the entree a cold slaw made from cabbage, carrots, sliced apples, cranberries and mixed with a apple butter lime sauce. Making our presentation on time and completely satisfied with our meal, the judges were kind and the experience was great, some thought it the best burger they had ever had and the slaw dressing was unique and wonderful.
Back to collect our thoughts and start on the dessert presentation we put together a fruit parfait to go with our burger dinner that was layered between a whipped cream amaretto sauce and included, kiwi, blueberry, apples, strawberries, and raspberries. Again, we finished before the 30 minute time limit and presented our dessert with "Brave"pride.
It was a great night - I enjoyed the other contestants, the students that helped with kitchen duties and all the people that came to watch. It was a great time!

No comments:

Post a Comment