About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Christine WAS listening :)




View from our bedroom


After we ate, we hiked THAT!
     Thanksgiving dinner for 8 people and she did an OUTSTANDING job!  Steve and I flew to Utah to hook up with Christine and Jeff and have Thanksgiving, it was a fabulous time!
     One of the best perks was a Thanksgiving weekend when I didn't even have to step foot into a grocery store, Christine did the entire meal planning and grocery shopping, and I might add she did an excellent job.  She was organized, prepared, hooked up to the internet so she could access her recipes and check on things.  We had drinks and breakfasts and lunch meals, snacks and the most wonderful wine, she has learned well.

Excellent kitchen - daughter and mother :)

Jeffo, Murphy, Doug and the rest of us - nice table Christine!

Jeffo doesn't care for Turkey - surf and turf is alright by me!
      We spent time in a wonderful house, the weather was crisp and cold, the dogs were there, the guys built a fire and we stayed inside and visited and drank :( alot .  We all hiked up Deer Valley about 9500 feet - the view was spectaculiar and I had so much fun.  It was relaxing, we played Wii and sang, I will always remember that "every Rose has it's thorn...." we laughed and a good time was had by all.
Christine Ashley



Steve made it to the top!







Gypsy Dog 

Jeffo got us tickets to watch the Utah Jazz - someone drove us in to town so we partied all the way in - the town was decorated up for the holidays and it was beautiful.  Our tickets were right on the floor - I could smell the guys sweat, I could hear them talk to one another - it was fabulous.  I texted Mark because they were playing Portland and he said he could see us on the TV - SLICK.
Jazz vs Trailblazers (Jazz Won)

Steve's favorite part of the game.

After game - downtown Salt Lake City

It was great of Jeff and Christine to have us and even more special to me to watch my daughter entertain, I think she learned some things while growing up under my wing, she WAS listening - I love that girl, she is my special, special girl.


Christine & Jeff ready for night hike.









No comments:

Post a Comment