About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

They do everything bigger in TEXAS

Self explanatory :)
     We traveled with our friends Sue and Ross Nooney to Texas to visit with our friends Wendi and Warren Wulstein and see their new spread.  We were fixin to have a good time, but with such hospitality we had a fabulous time. (They say things like that there, "spread" and "fixin")  All kidding aside, it was a better time that I had imagined, we saw sights, ate, laughed, ate, rode around, ate, walked the property, ate and drank - you get the picture.  Wendi and Warren showed us around and I was impressed by how nice everyone and everything was. Texas does alot of thing right, and I loved it there.


Lake LBJ

Downtown Austin on 6th Street
Nugget the mini donkey 

     Wendi and Warren actually live in Lampassas, Texas and run their business Premco from there in a nice location down by the river that runs thru the town.  We spent one day at Lake LBJ and it was so nice to have hot weather, be able to dip into the lake for a swim, enjoy the beautiful houses and we played a guessing game as to how much they were to purchase.  Wendi fixed a great boat picnic lunch and we really had a great time.  Besides seeing the sights in Lampassas we did go to down town Austin on the day the basketball finals were on TV and Dallas was playing - made for exciting times in the 6th street bar areas, and then a nice meal at the County Line Restaurant before heading back to "Ranch 820" their place.  We were introduced to Texas wine, of which I am now a fan - and a club member (surprise)!  The Fiesta Winery was right next to Warren and Wendi's place and we went for a dinner and tasting event, they had music and that too was a wonderful time.
     I was impressed, I loved the area and I can't wait to return many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment