About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Monday, March 21, 2011

A baby bump in the making - Baby DePriest

     Bittersweet would be a great way to describe part of the visit to Oregon for Marks memorial.     We spent one afternoon with the kids in downtown Portland, mostly looking but some shopping was done, I think a trip to the Duck store came up - it was typical Portland weather, cold and blustery, I loved it.  During a stop for lunch Ms. Elizabeth announced that she and Billy were pregnant!  Excellent news :)
     My first response was excitement and happiness for them both and then in the form of a question "was this planned, did you know it was coming?" The answer was that they had been trying for a few months, and it finally took. Although I had frequently thought they may be on the verge of getting ready for a baby, my last conversations with both Liz and Mark led me to believe that it wasn't yet in the cards for them.  I am glad it is now.  My brother would be so very happy, over the moon would be a description he might use, tickled for them for sure, as am I.
     So, in October or there about we will have a new baby in our family - the circle of life continues.  Congrats Liz and Billy!

No comments:

Post a Comment