About Me

My photo
One of my favorite lines in Alice In Wonderland is "and WHO are You?" That is a great question to which I would have to answer -I am a mother, a wife, a sister and auntie, an accountant, runner, friend, cook, consumer, reader, photographer, and daughter. I live in the life of a farming family, I love to travel.... too many things to try to pick just one and I would never want to try, these are the things in life that make me tick. I am who I am, you get what you get, and I love my life. In other words... "It is what it is".

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Smoke a Thanksgiving Turkey at the lake

     Once in a while, we find ourselves "without" five kids during the holidays.  It doesn't happen often and I am certain I wouldn't like it if it did, but this year we were alone during the Thanksgiving holiday, so we went camping.
     The kids were all getting into the snow ski spirit and thankfully work keeps them grounded at some point, so they all spent time with other family members, friends and/or each other while Steve and I packed up our new motorhome and went to the lake for a few days.  My brother and Judy had opted to spend time in Palm Springs so I would probably see them during the Christmas holidays and Steve's family was busy doing family things as well.  We invited everyone to come visit, but wanted them to understand that we were still going to be having out Thanksgiving out doors, like the Indians :)
     I found this to be actually an exciting option for Thanksgiving and bought a small turkey with all the fixings that we could smoke at the campsite and have when we wanted.  Russ actually ended up driving to meet us and eat, so we were a family of three, and had a nice day, we have much to be thankful for and I never forget to consider myself blessed.
     Happy Turkey Day everyone!
Smoked turkey @ Cachuma


Night after turkey - bacon wrapped filet @ Cachuma

Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment